Monday, December 6, 2010

It's NOT Going To Be A Blue Christmas (I hope)

Share

Christmas is a time to be happy, spend time with your family, make new memories and give to others.  I love Christmas time, it just puts a smile on my face whenever I hear someone say "Christmas".  This year, it's been a struggle in some ways, but it's not going to kill me or my children's spirit.

You see, my family, for the first time is facing some really hard times, financially that is.  Which makes it hard to buy presents.  My boys will be getting 3 presents each this year, which I thought at first is going to be awful.  But my boys are young, and I know will be happy with whatever they get, so I should feel pretty happy on that.  Plus, for other family members we've been making some homemade gifts.  I had some small planter pots that I bought a couple years ago at a yard sale.  My oldest son, Tristan painted them, then we put some soil in them and then we took some leaves that I've been soaking to re-root and rooted them in to the pots.  My son will be giving them to Grandma, Aunt Shannon & Aunt Peggy.  I'm sure they'll love it!  Tristan is all excited about making homemade gifts, so I also had some of the plastic mugs, that a child can color a picture and inserted it after words that I bought a few years ago, and Tristan is having fun coloring them and will be giving Grandpa, Uncle Alan and his cousins Robbie & Gabbi.

I'm making some Cinnamon stick candle holders for the women in the family.  I really hope they like them!  I've been trying really hard to just focus on the happiness of Christmas, but in the back of my mind I'm trying to figure out how we are going to pay the bills, and really hope we don't get evicted, of course that'll be the worse case scenioal.  I pray that, we keep a float.  I know if we can make it until February, we'll be fine.  It's just getting through December & January.  We just got our fuel delivered, and I glanced at the bottom of the slip and it was over $500.00...for fuel!!

I don't mean to vent hear I just haven't been able to talk to anyone about our troubles, so I figured I'll just write about it in my blog.  Maybe someone can just tell me, it'll be fine, or you'll get through this.

My children mean the most to me, and I am so grateful, that they are not into material things (for right now that is).  But I really hope I raise them to not to think Christmas equals presents.  I want them to have that warm feeling like I have when you just hear the words "Merry Christmas".

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and A Great New Year!!


post signature

0 comments:


Swagbucks!

Swagbucks...

Search & Win

Design Credits:

Header by Dreamstime

Search This Blog

Labels



Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

  ©Blog Design by Mary Mary Quite Contrary Design Shop.

Return to top