Since Giveaway Central is under construction and will be consist more than just "Giveaways", I also want to talk about house cleaning. I've been struggling with housework all my life. My bedroom when I was young was always messy and unorganized. After having kids, well, it was not my top priority, but now, I'm finally taking control (a little at a time that is).
One of the problems I had to deal with, and hated to, was the greasy stove top. It would get so bad that I would dig out the SOS pads (which works great but can scratch enamel), to clean it. Sure, it looked really nice and it felt so good to look at the shiny nice clean stove every time I walk by it, but I really should not have use SOS pads every time I clean it. Here are some tips...
- Vinegar-pour a little bit of vinegar on a tough stain and let it sit for a few minutes. Then wipe with a wet cloth.
- Baking Soda-Wet the stain with warm water, then generously sprinkle baking soda on the stain, scrub with a cloth, let it sit for a few minutes then wipe with a warm cloth.
- Liquid Dish Soap-Apply on the stain, scrub with a cloth and wipe.
- Degreaser-Spray on stain then wipe.
- Magic Eraser-Wet the eraser and wipe.